Wednesday, January 30, 2013

REVIEW: Avalon Organics Vitamin C Balancing Facial Toner

Posted by Mauve Avenger at 6:01 PM





I've been trying to go natural on the products that I use for my skincare. It would not harm if I'd lessen the chemicals I slab on my face, right?


I came across this brand through my boyfriend. He is using the cleanser of the Vitamin C skincare range. Since I'm looking for a good toner that's natural and I believe in the power of Vit C, I'll have to try their toner at once! But it’s hard to get this product at that time. It’s always out of stock! But before 2012 ended, they've already restocked. Good!

What it claims:



Ingredients:


Most of the ingredients are organic. It doesn’t contain parabens and SLS. Some people try to avoid it due to its controversial role in developing cancer and it's said to be a skin irritant.


Packaging:


It’s my first time to encounter this type of cap on a toner. It kinda leaks when not upright making it not so travel-friendly. You have to hold the product against the light to see how much product is left. I can’t find the expiration date or manufacturing date of the product. Can anyone tell me where it is?


Smell:

The smell resembles fresh peeled citrus fruit like oranges. I like bringing this when I’m going to trips. The smell makes me less nauseated. :) I look forward on toning because of its smell.

useless photo of the pale orange color
of the toner on cotton before and after use
not much dirt, eh?

Performance:

I’ve used this for over a month (twice a day). It makes my face a bit moisturized and dewy. Be careful not to pour too much product. It would feel sticky on your face, of course. I did not break out from this. I noticed that it’s really gentle. When I used it over the pimple I pricked (don’t do this!), it did not hurt! I think it also helped in healing and making the pimple gone fast because of the salicylic acid content.

Price:

I bought it for 375PHP from Healthy Options. It is a bit expensive for a toner. Coming from an organic brand, it is expected. But hey, that’s 250ml which is already a lot and will last for months.

Would I still buy and recommend it?

I’m satisfied with the product but I’ll have to pass for now. I’ll be looking for a less expensive option that’s gentle and effective like this toner. I’d recommend this to people with dry to normal skin type as this may be too moisturizing for people with oily or combination skin.

Have you tried using this toner? How was your experience? Comment below!
                       
Meow! =^.^=

4 comments:

Unknown on April 27, 2013 at 2:30 AM said...

I also found this sticky. I had better results with Jason Ester C Toner. I hope you write more :) Also, I love how you take pictures. White background seems impersonal.

Mauve Avenger on May 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM said...

Hi Rae! Thanks for dropping by! With the humid weather here, it could be really sticky. But if in an air-conditioned room or cold weather, the effect is moisturizing. Thank you so much for appreciating the pictures! The backgrounds I use are just random clothes. haha!

Mauve Avenger on May 2, 2013 at 9:26 PM said...

And oh! I would try to check on Jason Ester C Toner. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

Unknown on June 4, 2014 at 5:39 PM said...

Haven’t used this, but I want to try it! :)
xo,
~Pauline @Kallony

Post a Comment

 

Mauve Avenger Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos