Friday, February 1, 2013

REVIEW: Neutrogena Hydroboost Gel SPF30 PA++

Posted by Mauve Avenger at 10:21 PM
The last day cream I used, which I borrowed from my mom, clogged my pores badly. I never experienced that so I guess it would be okay to panic, right? So I went ahead and looked for a new moisturizer with sun protection. Neutrogena Hydroboost Gel with SPF seems fit for the job.

What it claims:


Ingredients:


Hyaluronic acid is known for its moisturizing benefits on skin. This is not advertised as an anti-aging product but HA is said to be helpful in reducing or removing wrinkles making your skin younger, smooth and supple.

Packaging:

 


It comes in a simple yet elegant double-wall pump dispenser which is hygienic. I’m really a sucker for double-wall packaging (glasses, mugs, tumblers). XD Back to the moisturizer, the pump let’s you control the amount of product you’ll use. I need to hold this against the light to determine how much product is left. Expiration date is clearly indicated on the box. (Sorry for the picture above. The box was left for months in a moist environment that’s why the print is already blurred when I took a photo.)

Smell:

It has a nice and clean scent which is not overpowering.

Performance:

swatched and not fully blended

It’s water-based making it very easy to spread. It only takes one pump to cover my face and neck. It lives up to its promise to moisturize me well.

What really sold me to buy this is the sun protection it gives sans the white cast in flash photography. It is common for cream/moisturizers with SPF to give a ghostly white look on pictures. Yikes!


I’m quite picky with the sun protection a product provides. I’m much comfortable seeing SPF30 or higher (UVB protection) and the PA (UVA protection) value of a sunscreen. The ‘broad spectrum’ claim (FDA approved) seems indefinite on my part. That’s just me. I’m really glad the PA value was indicated in this product.

I also like the smooth finish when I use this under loose powder. My skin looks healthy and glowing, not to mention less oily. This could mean that my skin is properly hydrated because it doesn’t need to cope up with the lost moisture by producing more oil than it should.

Not so good with this thing is it takes forever to set in. I don’t have much time to let it sink in my skin so I never really knew how long it will take for it to get absorbed.

Price:

I bought it from Watsons for 830Php(40ml). I won’t complain because I got the minimum SPF and PA that I wanted. Haha!

Would I buy again and recommend it?

Yes, unless I find the product I’m eyeing for quite some time to be better than this. Neutrogena Hydroboost Gel SPF30 is a good choice for a good sunscreen and moisturizer in one bottle which means lesser prep time for us ladies! I recommend that you try this product because gel/water based formulas cater to most skin types.

Tell me about your experience on using Neutrogena Hydroboost Gel SPF30 PA++ by commenting below!

Meow! =^.^=

1 comments:

Arabella Bella on May 17, 2017 at 7:31 PM said...

I Have a question you might be able to help with. I use a gel moisturizer before bb cream. I also have primer, but don't know when or how should it be applied. Also, how do serum or essence come in the picture? Thanks a lot!

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Review

Post a Comment

 

Mauve Avenger Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos